Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Tools of the trade

Ever wonder how a cowboy hat is made? I never gave it a thought before never wondered or cared really. Well now I know that they are made from bever or rabbit and I know a guy that can make some pretty awesome looking hats.  The tools he uses you would probably find in a museum, an old treddle like sewing machine, old irons, along with a variety of other tools I cannot name.  So if you're in the market for a new hat, need one cleaned  or would like a scoop of Ice Cream, take a trip on down to Barbwire Custom Hats on the boardwalk in Big Valley. Tell them Carmen sent you! Although I'm not sure what deal you would get, you may have to scoop some ice cream! LOL



I don't know what this is called only that he uses it. LOL


A hat in the making!


Irons waiting to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment